Ceramics and glass, two of the most prevalent materials in everyday society, are the focus of a new ‘pop-up’ exhibition presented by recent Royal College of Art graduates of the Ceramics and Glass MA, at Roca London Gallery.
And Then This explores the reinterpretation of these two materials in innovative and beautiful ways, showcasing work that stretches the expectation of these ancient yet contemporary materials. As the Roca brand attests, ceramic and glass can be transformed in an infinite amount of creative ways. The exhibition showcases the work of 18 students – some are working in groups, many alone.
While all of the exhibitors have been stimulated by the unique space of the Roca London Gallery, their individual approaches and influences are wide ranging. From functional design to fine art application, the exhibition is united by the strengths and limitations offered by the basic properties of the materials employed. And Then This is an opportunity to see and experience lively and fresh applications of materials that are usually taken for granted.
And Then This is at the Roca London Gallery from Thursday 28 November to Thursday 19 December.
A private viewing will be held on Thursday 28 November – visit www.rocalondongallery.com to RSVP.
Graduate designers/artists displaying work at Roca London Gallery are:
- Enrique Perezalba Red www.enriqueperezalbared.com
- Mella Shaw www.mellashaw.co.uk
- Jonathan Wade www.jwadeceramics.co.uk
- Yiru Wang www.yiruwang.co.uk
- Shane Porter www.shane-porter.com
- Emily Gardiner www.emilygardiner.com
- Rosanna Martin www.rosannamartin.co.uk
- Lydia Hardwick & Luke Twigger www.lydiahardwick.co.uk, www.luketwigger.co.uk
- Ester Svensson www.estersvensson.com
- Sheng Tsang Chen & Cristina Vezzini (Vezzini & Chen design) www.vandcdesign.com
- Kevin Callaghan www.kevincallaghan.ie
- Eung Han Choi www.eunghanchoi.com
- Helena Plado www.helenaplado.com
- Livvy Fink www.livvyfink.co.uk
- Kane Cali www.kanecali.com
- Sabina Stumberger www.roughandrefined.com
About Roca Galleries
Roca Galleries are part of Roca’s international strategy and a concept that expresses present-day realities and future challenges. Design, innovation, sustainability and well-being are Roca values expressed in the Galleries, which also convey the desire of the leading bathroom brand to maintain an ongoing dialogue with society and most particularly with professionals who share an interest and enthusiasm in shaping the future of bathroom spaces.
The various Roca Galleries are a vehicle, offering a meeting place and area for open dialogue among interior decorators, designers and architects worldwide. Zaha Hadid Architects in London, Francesc Rifé Studio in Shanghai, the OAB architectural studio of Borja, Lucía and Carlos Ferrater in Barcelona, the Lamela Architectural Study in Madrid, and the Ferruz Decoradors studio in Lisbon have caught this vision in premises that combine aesthetic beauty with an expression of the brand values. www.rocalondongallery.com